Solid Sheeting Aluminum 0.007″ and 0.015″ for Drilling and Lamination
GR 3105 – Solid Aluminum for Drilling and Lamination
Our Aluminum entry material is produced from 99.998% aluminum (highest grade) and is designed to suit the technical requirements of drilling and Printed Circuit Board manufacturing.
Consistency and reliability in the manufacturing of our Aluminum ensures consistency in the drilling of circuit boards and our material is manufactured in accordance with ISO 9001 standards.
Aluminum Entry panels are available in any size and any tooling specifications needed to suit a circuit board manufacturer specific needs.
The Aluminum grade has a 3003 H19 Hardness rating and the surface is textured which helps reduce drill wander and breakage.
The general rule of thumb for drill entry selection is based on the smallest diameter holes that are routinely processed. Ideally, entry thickness should not exceed the diameter of the smallest drill used. By optimizing entry thickness to drill diameter, breakage rates can be reduced.
- Cools the drill bit to reduce the risk of smearing and resin buildup that can clog drill flutes and reduce debris evacuation
- Greater heat dissipation due to the cooling effect of aluminum
- Reduces the chance of ‘oil canning’ and burrs
- Material is recyclable, reducing overall cost
- Protects the circuit board from surface damage during drilling and handling
- Excellent locational accuracy
Typical Physical Properties
|Density||2.6 – 2.8 g/cm3 (0.0939 – 0.101 lb/in3)|
|Melting Point||641°C (1185°F)|
|Elastic Modulus||70 – 80 GPa (10153 – 11603 ksi)|
|Thermal Conductivity @ 25°C/77°F||173 W/mK (1201 BTU in/hr.ft2 °F)|
Typical Mechanical Properties (GR3105 only)
|Temper||UTS (N/mm2)||YS (N/mm2)||EI (A100) %||Erichsen (mm)|
|0||100 – 140||50 – 80||10||5.0|
|H22||130 – 170||120 – 150||7||4.5|
|H24||150 – 180||130 – 170||5||4.0|
|H10||230 – 260||220 – 240||0.5||–|
- DatasheetPDF, 374 KB